Required Immunizations for New Undergraduate Students

In the event that the student cannot obtain documentation of immunization, the student will either have to be re-immunized or have laboratory verification of immunity. If needed, immunizations can be done in Student Health Services for a reasonable fee. Labwork for titers can be drawn at student health services; this service can be put though the student's insurance. 

  • TdAP (within the last 10 years)
  • Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (2 doses required)
  • Varicella* (2 doses)
  • Meningitis** (2 doses)
  • Tuberculosis screening, by PPD or IGRA labwork, must be done within on year of college enrollment.

*Requires documentation of chicken pox or two Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) vaccines.  

**Pennsylvania Law #955 as of July 2002, requiring all students living in university housing to receive the meningitis vaccine or to sign a waiver of refusal. CDC guidelines require two meningitis vaccines if the first dose was given at age 16 or younger.