Graduate General Policies

Graduate Forms

All required forms are available on the Graduate Forms webpage. Additional assistance on the process please contact the Registrar office at and Graduate Support Team at

Course Offerings and Modality Changes

Course offerings and the modality in which they will be taught (e.g. on campus, online, hybrid) are subject to change. Current information about intended modality is available in Self Service. Tuition and fees remain the same and will not be refunded regardless of modality or changes to modality.

Transfer Credit

A maximum of 6 graduate credits earned at another institution may be considered for transfer at the time of admission into Arcadia University master’s degree programs in Counseling Psychology, Education, English, Health Education, Humanities and Public Health.

Transfer credit is not accepted for the following programs; doctoral degrees in Education and Physical Therapy and master’s degrees in Business Administration, Forensic Science, Genetic Counseling, International Peace and Conflict Resolution, and Medical Science (Physician Assistant).

Transfer credits that are less than 10 years old at the time of degree completion may be counted as part of the degree. A grade of “B” or higher must have been earned; the student’s adviser must judge the courses to be relevant to the present program; and the institution that granted the credit must accept the course toward its own degree. Only 3-credit courses or multiples of 3 (i.e., 3 or 6) will be accepted. One-credit courses are not accepted under any circumstances. The student is responsible for supplying official descriptions of courses and any other supporting information requested by the adviser. Also, course credit previously used to fulfill graduate or undergraduate degree requirements may not be considered for transfer into any master’s degree program at Arcadia University.

Transfer of Credit from Other Institutions After Admission

After admission, matriculated students must petition to enroll in a course at another institution with the intention of transferring the credits earned to their Arcadia University program. Students must provide their adviser with a full description of the course and the reasons for enrolling in it. Once the petition form is signed by the adviser, it is sent to the Division of Student Success for a policy review. Approval is not usually granted for courses that are also offered at Arcadia University. Under no circumstances will more than 6 credits be accepted in transfer to an Arcadia University degree program. Forms are available on the Graduate Forms webpage

Education Records/FERPA

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 is a federal law that provides that a covered educational institution maintains the confidentiality of students’ records. In accordance with the act, with the exception of directory information as defined by Arcadia University, no one outside Arcadia University shall have access to, nor will the University disclose any information from, students’ educational records without the written consent of students, except to appropriate personnel within the University, to officials of other institutions in which students seek to enroll, to persons or organizations providing students’ financial aid, to accrediting agencies carrying out their accreditation function, to persons in compliance with a judicial order, and to persons in an emergency in order to protect the health or safety of students or other persons. A complete statement of the University’s policy in this regard is available from the Registrar’s Office.

Please refer to the University's FERPA Compliance Policy.


A fee of $5 is charged for each copy of an official transcript. (Transcripts processed the same day, or sent express delivery, will be charged additional fees.) Transcripts can be ordered via the Internet or by telephone 24 hours a day, seven days a week; visit and select the Transcripts link. There is no additional fee to use the Internet link to request transcripts. However, there will be a $5 surcharge to request a transcript by phone using the operator at 800-646-1858, unless the phone call is in reference to technical difficulties using the Internet transcript request. If a written request is preferable, those requests for transcripts should be addressed to the Registrar’s Office and include the following: 1) the name used by the student at the time of attendance; 2) the dates of attendance; 3) the full name and address of the person to whom the transcript is to be sent, and 4) the signature of the student. Transcripts are not released unless all accounts with the University have been paid in full. For questions regarding transcript requests, please call 215-572-2100.