Transfer Student Admissions

Arcadia is a diverse community of learners. About 15 to 20 percent of the incoming class enters our University as transfer students. Our admissions counselors and staff will work with you to make your transition as seamless as possible.

Step One: Begin Your Application

Common Application   Coalition for College Application

Step Two: Submit Documents



If you completed two or more semesters of full-time study (12 credits/semester), you must submit official transcripts from each college you attended. You are not required to submit high school transcripts, although we may request that you do to more accurately assess your application. If you are enrolling for the Fall 2021 or after, SAT and ACT scores will only be required for certain pre-professional programs.


Supplementary Materials

Applicants can submit additional materials, including a personal statement, recommendation, and evidence of achievements, to assist the admissions staff in assessing their strengths and potential, but these are not required.


Application Deadlines

Submit your application as soon as possible. Admission offers and scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis. Arcadia makes decisions as applications are received.

*The Office of Enrollment Management reserves the right to waive any of the above listed credentials for students with strong academic records, as determined during the initial review of the admissions application.

Frequently Asked Questions

How many credits can I transfer?

We accept up to 75 credits from regionally accredited two-year institutions and up to 90 credits from regionally accredited four-year institutions.

Find out how your credits will transfer:
  • Explore our transfer equivalency tool to see how courses from a college or university have transferred to Arcadia University in the past.
  • Email your request and transcripts to Be sure to include:
    • Your name
    • Phone and email
    • Intended major
    • If you hope to take day or evening courses
    • When you would like to enroll
Credit for Prior Learning

Arcadia University awards limited credit for prior learning experiences and employment through programs such as The College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST), Advanced Placement Exams (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and military experience (JST).

Can I receive scholarships?

We will automatically consider you for merit scholarships and achievement awards up to $20,000 per year based on your cumulative GPA and coursework. Awards are renewed automatically for full-time students in good academic standing.

Members of Phi Theta Kappa are guaranteed a $1,500 scholarship per year for full-time study.  

There is a $5,000 scholarship opportunity for full-time transfer students who graduated from an approved associate’s program from one of our community college partner schools in the region.  Current partners include: Bucks County Community College, Community College of Philadelphia, Delaware County Community College, Lehigh Carbon Community College, Montgomery County Community College, Northampton Community College and Rowan College at Burlington County.

You do not need to complete a separate application for the scholarships described above.

Can I study abroad?

Yes. If you are in good academic standing and your academic advisers approve, you can spend a week, semester, or full academic year studying abroad.

Transfer students typically study abroad during their junior year or the first semester of their senior year. Many also participate in Preview, a unique two-credit course with a weeklong study abroad component. The program is offered at a reduced cost, including transportation and hotel accommodations.

What core classes will I need to take?

You will need to take English 101 if you have not completed an equivalent course with a “B” or better. In addition, you must complete the Global Connections Experience and Reflection as well as the Senior Capstone Project. The number of credits accepted will determine your remaining course requirements. More information.

Questions About Applying?

Darien Ryan
Transfer Admissions Counselor
Enrollment Management

A disciplinary matter or criminal conviction, occurring prior to the time of application (whether or not disclosed on the application), while the application is under review, or after the admission decision has been made, may affect decisions regarding admission and Arcadia University reserves the right to revoke admission in such circumstances. Also, because offers of admission and enrollment are based upon a record of academic achievement, Arcadia reserves the right to revoke admission upon receipt of a final high school transcript (or most recent college transcript) reflecting a significant decline in academic performance. Additionally, if an application misrepresents any information, for any reason, admission or enrollment may be revoked at the University’s discretion. Finally, admission to the University does not guarantee placement in campus housing or participation in student teaching placements, internships, or clinical rotations, which may be subject to additional policies or practices.

Under the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law (23 Pa.C.S.6301 et seq)., Enrollment Management staff, as school employees, are mandated reporters.  As such, staff are required to make a report of suspected child abuse if they have reasonable cause to suspect that a child is a victim of child abuse.

Arcadia University is committed to ensuring equal opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, age, or disability in its educational programs, activities, admissions, or employment practices as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and other applicable statutes. Inquiries concerning Title IX, Section 504 and ADA compliance and information regarding accessibility should be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer, 450 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038-3295; phone 215-572-2947.