Accepted Bachelor's Degree International Students

Information for Accepted International Students

If you are an international student and require a student visa to study in the US, please follow the next 3 steps.

  1. Submitting the Declaration of Finances
  2. Depositing at Arcadia
  3. Obtaining a Student Visa 

1. Declaration of Finances

After you have been informed that you have been accepted, you will need to submit a Declaration of Finances.

The Declaration of Finances must demonstrate that you or a sponsor has enough liquid funds to cover the cost of one year of your Arcadia education minus any scholarships you receive. The tuition increases every year and this is only the current cost for one year of study for our Undergraduate Programs and Graduate Programs. 

The Declaration of Finances must be within 3 months of the semester in which you have applied and must include the following financial documents / information:

Official Copies of your sponsor’s (or your) bank statements demonstrating sufficient funds. The Bank Statement must show the following:

  1. The Bank’s Official Name and Official Seal
  2. Your Full Legal Name (or your Sponsor’s)
  3. Beginning in the Fall Semester: Three (3) Consecutive months of transactions from February, March, and April
  4. Beginning in the Spring Semester: Three (3) consecutive months of transactions from September, October and November 
  5. The Official Currency of the Statement

If you have a Sponsor, your sponsor will need to submit a Letter of Support.  The Letter must state the following:

  1. Your Sponsor's Full Legal Name
  2. The Relationship Between You and your Sponsor
  3. The Monetary Amount of Support to be given from the Bank Account
  4. The Duration of the Financial Support 

2. Depositing at Arcadia

Once your Declaration of Finances has been reviewed and approved by both the Office of Enrollment Management and the Office of International Programs, you will be instructed as to how to deposit to Arcadia University. There are 3 different ways for students to deposit:

  1. Deposit online at
  2. Send a US Check or Money Order
  3. A Wire Transfer of Funds 

The deposit amount is $400 USD for a student who plans to live on campus, or a $200 USD for a student who plans to live off campus.

*As each way to deposit has different information required for the transaction to go through, please let the Office of Enrollment know how you plan to deposit, and you will be given instructions as to how to deposit.

3. Obtaining a Student Visa

For students requiring an I-20 for the first time

In order to apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa, you must present an I-20 or DS-2019 form issued by Arcadia University to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. The Office of International Programs will issue the I-20 or DS-2019 once your Declaration of Finances is reviewed and accepted.

You will receive the I-20 or DS-2019 form and enrollment packet via express mail. You need to confirm your mailing address to ensure timely delivery of your I-20. You should apply for an F-1 or J-1 visa at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Please call the office in your country to see what documentation is required for the visa application. A helpful website is:

Please remember that you will need to schedule an interview as part of the process and that the application procedures may change. Many consular posts now only process F-1 or J-1 visa applications by mail. Therefore, you should allow plenty of time for the process, keeping in mind that the busiest months for consular sections are June, July and August. You should plan to have your Declaration of Finances submitted in early May, so the review process can begin as quickly as possible.

For students holding a current I-20 from another school

If you are a student who is currently attending a U.S. school on an F-1 visa, please download and follow the instructions in order to transfer your I-20 record. In addition, please send us a copy of the photo page from your passport, a copy of your F-1 visa and a copy of your current I-20.